As of 11/13/2023, credible intelligence indicates an imminent security threat in the central and northern regions of Plateau State. Fulani militants including bandit terrorists and volunteer militias plan to:
1. Continue destroying farmlands during the ongoing harvest.
2. Sustain isolated killings, ambushes, and rustling of cows, framing them as “robbery or criminality.”
3. Launch a mega invasion of Plateau villages and Communities in Bokkos, Barkin Ladi, Mangu, Riyom, and Bassa LGAs, commencing by 15/11/2023.
The Fulani militant group plans to begin the attacks from Bokkos and Barkin Ladi (especially Gashish area) to displace native inhabitants. Targets include specific villages, clergy, and community strongholds.
A. BARKIN LADI
5. Maijankai 1
6. Maijankai 2
3. Settlements around Plateau State University Bokkos
1. Villages of Mangun District
Expect an increase in armed robbery, destruction of dry season farmlands, isolated ambushes, kidnappings, threats, and intimidation in the coming days. Security forces are urged to heighten vigilance and take immediate preventive measures.
Stay alert, report suspicious activities, and cooperate with local authorities for a collective effort in ensuring the safety of our communities.